How To Choose the Right Back Door Window Covering For Your Home?
Which back door window covering is the best choice? Every day, companies compete for your business and back door window covering is no exception. Not all of them are created equal, however. There are many different styles and types to choose from-from ready-made curtains to ones you hang yourself and custom fit to your windows. There’s also the issue of cost vs quality vs durability when it comes to back door window coverings. Luckily for you, we’ve done the research so you don’t have to!
There are many different types of back door window coverings to choose from. Let’s take a closer look at each type.
Ready-Made Curtains: These are the least expensive option and are available at most department stores. They come in a variety of colors and styles, but may not fit your windows perfectly.
Sew Yourself Curtains: If you have a little sewing experience, you can save money by making your own curtains. You can buy fabric in any color or style you want, and it’s easy to find curtain patterns online.
Custom Fit Shades and Blinds: If you have odd-sized windows or want a specific style or color, custom fit shades and blinds are the best option. They can be expensive, but they last longer than other types of window coverings.
Plastic Sheeting or Shrink Wrap: This is the cheapest and most durable option, but it’s not very attractive. It’s best for windows that face the outdoors or for people who don’t mind covering their windows with plastic.
Cost vs quality vs durability when it comes to back door window coverings
Cost: The cheapest option is plastic sheeting or shrink wrap. Ready-made curtains are the next most affordable, followed by sew-yourself curtains. Custom fit shades and blinds are the most expensive option.
Quality: The quality of ready-made curtains varies depending on the brand. Some department stores sell high-quality curtains, while others sell cheaper curtains made from lower-quality materials. Sew-yourself curtains are usually made from higher-quality materials than ready-made curtains. Custom fit shades and blinds are always high quality, because they’re made to fit your specific windows.
Durability: Plastic sheeting and shrink wrap are the most durable options, followed by custom fit shades and blinds. Ready-made curtains last the least amount of time, because they fray and rip easily.
How to choose the right one for your home?
Here are some tips to help you make your decision.
- Consider your budget. The cheapest option is plastic sheeting or shrink wrap.
- Think about the style of your home. If you have a modern home, ready-made curtains in a contemporary style might be a good choice. If you have a traditional home, sew-yourself curtains in a classic style might be a better option.
- Consider the climate. If you live in a cold climate, thermal curtains or plastic sheeting might be a good choice. If you live in a hot climate, light-colored curtains or shades might be a better option.
- Measure your windows carefully. It’s important to get the correct measurements so that the curtains or shades fit properly.
- Choose the right type of curtain rod or shade bracket. Not all rods and brackets are compatible with all types of curtains and shades.
- Read reviews online before making your purchase. Reviews can be helpful in revealing the pros and cons of different types of window coverings.
When it comes to choosing the right window covering, there are many factors to consider. By following these tips, you’re sure to find the perfect one for your home and your budget!
20010 Fisher Ave Suite B, Poolesville, MD 20837, United States